Monday, May 10, 2010

Gardening Time

Hey there,

I'm back up and blogging again. I've been down for awhile and playing catch up with Home School work. Now it is time to get the garden tilled and planted.

The kids love gardening and have gardens of their own. This weekend we weeded them and got new fresh compost from our little compost bin and added some cow manure. This week we will be planting the seeds. Every year I like to try something new and fun for the kids to do with planting vegetables. I think I'd like to have a Garden Party for the kids. Check out this article about throwing a Garden Birthday Party.

I also came across an interesting Blog about boulevard gardens in Vancouver. It just goes to show you that thinking outside the box can be so productive. I loved this idea and wanted to share it with you.

If you are not a gardener or feel you have no room to grow vegetables a great way to start would be in pots. I grew over 54 tomato plants all in pots last year and had a great crop. I also have 4 rectangle window pots full of fresh herbs. Herbs grow like weeds are are very hardy. I leave mine outside and they just keep growing. Adding fresh oregano and basil to salads really give the salad a new taste.

That's all folks, I'm off to start Homeschool now.
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment